You can apply online at: https://pottcounty.bamboohr.com/jobs/
Please review the list of Automatic Disqualifiers before completing an application:
Automatic Disqualifiers: Applicants should consider any of the following an automatic disqualifier for employment with the Department. It should be noted a diversion is considered the same as a conviction. A disqualifying event discovered at any time in the application process will result in immediate rejection of the application.
- Automatic disqualifiers for all job positions:
- A conviction or expungement of a felony defined by Kansas law or its equivalent at any time in the applicant’s past.
- A conviction of any crime involving the threat of or actual sexual assault or abuse at any time in the applicant’s past.
- A conviction of any crime of physical violence against a child or sexual abuse against a child when committed as an adult.
- A conviction of misdemeanor driving while intoxicated (DWI), driving under the influence (DUI) two years immediately preceding the application date.
- Possession or use of marijuana for any purpose at any time during the two years preceding the application date.
- Possession or use of any illegal or controlled substance other than marijuana at any time during the 5 year period preceding the application date.
- A Dishonorable or Bad Conduct Discharge from any branch of the United States Armed Forces.
- Additional automatic disqualifiers for police officer job positions:
- Conviction of a crime of domestic violence as defined in the United States Code, 18 USC922(g)(9), that would disqualify the applicant from possessing a firearm.
- Being the subject of an order of protection that would disqualify the applicant from possessing a firearm under the provisions of United States Code, USC922(g)(8).
- Conviction of any misdemeanor crime during the two years immediately preceding the application date.
- Potential Disqualifiers: The following situations may be cause for rejection of an applicant.
- A conviction of a crime of violence committed by the applicant while a juvenile.
- A conviction of a crime involving deceit, untruthfulness or dishonesty committed by the applicant while an adult.
Deputy: Full Time with Benefits
The Pottawatomie County Sheriff’s Office is seeking a motivated individual to work with our agency as a Deputy Sheriff. Responsibilities include but not limited to; responding to emergency calls, conducting investigations, patrolling, giving first aid, serving warrants, gathering evidence, interviewing and many other responsibilities. (County residency is a requirement if hired, you do not need to live in the county to apply)
· Take Home Car
· Paid Training
· Equipment Provided
· Competitive Pay
· KP&F Retirement
· Social Security Benefits
· Deferred Compensation with employer match
· Health, Dental and Vision Insurance
· Paid Time Off and Extended Illness Benefit with 10 paid Holidays
If interested please click the link below to fill an application out on-line. Applications will be accepted till position is filled. If you have any question please feel free to contact the Sheriff’s Office; (785)457-3353 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Dispatcher: Full Time with Benefits
The Pottawatomie County Sheriff’s Office is accepting applications for a Full-Time Dispatcher. We are seeking a person with excellent interpersonal communication skills and are able to function calmly and effectively under severe stress. As a Dispatcher you will help direct officers to locations in need of assistance, help the general public in times of crisis and other dispatching duties.
If interested please click the link below to fill an application out online. Applications will be accepted till position is filled. If you have any question please feel free to contact the Sheriff’s Office; (785)457-3353 or email@example.com