You can apply on line at: https://pottcounty.bamboohr.com/jobs/
Please review the list of Automatic Disqualifiers before completing an application:
Automatic Disqualifiers: Applicants should consider any of the following an automatic disqualifier for employment with the Department. It should be noted a diversion is considered the same as a conviction. A disqualifying event discovered at any time in the application process will result in immediate rejection of the application.
- Automatic disqualifiers for all job positions:
- A conviction or expungement of a felony defined by Kansas law or its equivalent at any time in the applicant’s past.
- A conviction of any crime involving the threat of or actual sexual assault or abuse at any time in the applicant’s past.
- A conviction of any crime of physical violence against a child or sexual abuse against a child when committed as an adult.
- A conviction of misdemeanor driving while intoxicated (DWI), driving under the influence (DUI) two years immediately preceding the application date.
- Possession or use of marijuana for any purpose at any time during the two years preceding the application date.
- Possession or use of any illegal or controlled substance other than marijuana at any time during the 5 year period preceding the application date.
- A Dishonorable or Bad Conduct Discharge from any branch of the United States Armed Forces.
- Additional automatic disqualifiers for police officer job positions:
- Conviction of a crime of domestic violence as defined in the United States Code, 18 USC922(g)(9), that would disqualify the applicant from possessing a firearm.
- Being the subject of an order of protection that would disqualify the applicant from possessing a firearm under the provisions of United States Code, USC922(g)(8).
- Conviction of any misdemeanor crime during the two years immediately preceding the application date.
- Potential Disqualifiers: The following situations may be cause for rejection of an applicant.
- A conviction of a crime of violence committed by the applicant while a juvenile.
- A conviction of a crime involving deceit, untruthfulness or dishonesty committed by the applicant while an adult.